May 13, 2017

The Island Of Worthy Boys by Connie Hertzberg Mayo

Published Date : October 13, 2015
Publisher : She Writes Press
Genre : Fiction / Historical
Rating : 4 Star

LINKS

Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter

WHERE TO BUY

Amazon / B&N / Google Play








In The Island Of Worthy Boys, Charles and Aidan are two boys that are on a path of hardship when something unexpected changes their lives forever. The boys meet each other on the streets of Boston in the late 19th century, doing anything they can to survive including stealing money to buy a meal. One night goes horribly wrong and they end up at the Boston Farm School for boys, where they discover what it means to have someone look out for you for once. As their secret of that night comes out and everything falls apart or so it seems but only to fall into place for two boys who truly end up brothers in the end.

I do like books that are based on a true location but I felt too many characters were introduced once they got onto the island and it got a little hard to follow. I did like how the book was divided into sections on each part of the story that was told but overall the book was intriguing and keep my interest. I now have yet another place to visit whenever I go to Boston that I never knew existed.

Thank You to Connie Hertzberg Mayo for writing a book that is destined to be a classic.


I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book from BookSparks : FRC 2015!

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley!


No comments:

Post a Comment