June 26, 2017

Journey On A Runaway Train by Gertrude Chandler Warner

Published Date : February 1, 2017
Publisher : Albert Whitman & Company
Series : The Boxcar Children : Great Adventure / Book 1
Genre : J Fiction / Mystery
Rating : 5 Star

LINKS

Website / Goodreads

WHERE TO BUY

Amazon / B&N







Journey On A Runaway Train is the start of a five book series with the kids known as The Boxcar Children! The four Aldens are now living with their grandfather with the boxcar in the backyard when finding a painted turtle, they are soon recruited into the Reddimus Society. The Reddimus Society is a secret guild who's mission is returning lost or stolen artifacts in which the turtle is one of them. As they learn what the society dos, a trip on a train to return the turtle to New Mexico will test the children in ways they never expected that will ultimately, lead them to their next adventure!

Just reading this book brought me back to my childhood in a way that I didn't think was possible, it made me remember all the times that I had read the original series over and over because I wanted to be like them! I really liked how they brought this new series into a whole new setting that kids today will love without it being boring as they say for the older books. Even though this is only a five book series, I can only imagine what trouble they will be getting into and how it's all gonna end!

Thank You to Gertrude Chandler Warner & everyone involved in this new series for bringing back the Boxcar Children in a whole new exciting way to get today's kids loving this series as much as I did as a child!


I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment